Businesses are becoming more and more aware of their energy usage and we think that is a good thing! Not only is it a great way to save money, you’re also doing your bit for the environment. You could even advertise yourself as an environmentally friendly commercial kitchen which could bring in another sort of customer base. Here are our top tips on how to be more energy efficient!
Commercial kitchen efficiency
- Water conservation – this is probably one of the most important factors when it comes to being energy efficient. Why not start using spray valves as they use less water but do the same job. And make sure that your kitchen staff are in the habit of turning the water off whenever it’s not in use.
- Change the lighting – look at replacing your current lighting and bulbs for more energy efficient ones. LED bulbs are just as bright as normal bulbs, however they’re also cheaper to run and they last longer, so win win!
- Check all seals – you could be wasting water or energy without realising. Water might be leaking out of a seal somewhere, or the seals on your refrigeration systems could be lose, letting out the cold out. All these little things will end up making a big difference.
- Turn off your appliances – we can all admit that we get a little bit lazy and can end up leaving our appliances on when they’re not in use. This is a massive drain on resources and something that can so easily be fixed.
- Training sessions – this is the perfect way to make sure that your staff know how to be energy efficient! If you are planning to make some big changes, get your whole team together to go through it so that everyone can start implementing the new changes in your commercial kitchen at the same time.